Sunday, September 17, 2006

Mama, He's Rabid: The Child Abuse That Is Disney's "Ole Yeller" (Part Two)

Someone has asked me to explain exactly what a filmstrip of "Ole Yeller" would be like. Okay, let me get this out of my (and everyone else's) system once and for all. So dim the lights and get out your hankies. I now present:


The Script of the The Last Three Minutes of "Ole Yeller" on Filmstrip

(in Low Definition where available)

Ole Yeller: Wuff! Wuff! Snurgle! Rrrrrrrrr!

(beep)

Mama: Jedidiah! Zebulon! Cortelia! Chlymidia! Lucifer! Abraham! Isaac! Git in the house now!

Isaac: Aw Moooooowm!

Mama: The dawg has th' rabies! Now shoo!

(beep)

Cletus: What are you doin' with that gun, Mama?

(beep)

Mama: Cletus! Get in the house! Yeller has the rabies!

Cletus: Yer gonna shoot Ole Yeller?

(beep)

Cletus: Well, heckfire, that's a relief! I thought you was gettin' tired of us.

(beep)

Ole Yeller: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

(beep)

Mama: Cletus, git in the house now.

Cletus: No Mama. He's my dawg. If anybody's gonna shoot 'im, it'll be me. Give me the gun.

(beep)

Ole Yeller: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(beep)

Cletus: C'mere Yeller. C'mere boy!

(beep)

Ole Yeller: Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(beep)

Cletus: Yeller? Yeller? This is no time to go pee on the hitchin' post! Aw, crap.

(beep)

BLAM!

(beep)

Daddy: Hi kids! I'm back from the cattle drive and I brought you a puppy!

(beep)

Cletus: That ain't Ole Yeller.

Jedidiah: And the Mrs. Fletcher says you ain't my Daddy.

(beep)

Daddy: What the?

Mama: We need to talk.

(The End)

(Disney Logo)

Theme song plays as weeping children are led out by teachers who are looking very bright-eyed and refreshed.

Ole Yeller

woof! woof! woof!

Ole Yeller!

woof! woof! woof!

Root'nest toot'nest dawg in the doggone Weeeeest!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little presentation. Good night, bright blessings, eat your vegetables, call your Mama and always floss.


copyright 2006 Jas Faulkner

No comments: